June 2, 2007

Here I Lay ~ Cries of The Adopted Infant

Crying baby
                                      © Photographer: Barsik | Agency: Dreamstime.com


Alone in the nursery I lay
Cries ring out like radar
Searching, searching, searching
In circles around my bed they reach
Striving to find the woman I know
Her breath, her hair, her touch
No where.

Alone in the nursery I lay
The ceiling so far away
Arms flinging hoping to find
Nothing but emptiness I feel

Where is she? Why isn't she here?
I am lost and alone. I can't feel.
The cries stop. There is no use
She is long gone
She or me? I do not know
Here I lay in the nursery alone.
 
by Samantha

2 comments:

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

Wow this is incredible

Anonymous said...

Nice work.

Do you find it exhausting to write from this perspective? I do. I've done it, and have more work to do. Need lots of breaks.

http://asacrificiallamb.wordpress.com/