April 8, 2007

Easter Mourning

 
                                   
                                                           


                                         
 As I sit in church this morning feeling sad over disappointments, I realize the great pull of the world's sorrow on the human spirit.
 
 I am reminded of our adoption support meeting yesterday and the amazing blessing of seeing two friends of mine and their newly reunited First Mothers sitting side-by-side. 
 Something almost too precious for words. 
 
 I raise my hands in thanks to my Savior
 Just seeing them together, looking so alike, so strangely familiar, is a gift.  Although my reunion with my Mother must wait.

A lady in the church orchestra plays the flute.
I can't take my eyes off of her.
My First Mother, Norma Carol, played this beautiful instrument.
I close my eyes and listen.
 
   Now that which we see is as if we were looking in a broken mirror.
But then we will see everything.
Now I know only a part.
But then I will know everything in a perfect way.
That is how God knows me right now.
 
1 Corinthians 13:12

1 comment:

Laurie (formerly known as Momseekingpeace) said...

Oh my gosh is this peach from AAI?
I am adding you to my links
MSP