January 26, 2015

Home




I stare at myself in pictures throughout a lifetime wondering who I am and where I belong.  Not here.  I am with people I call "family" but I am alone.  In a world of strangers.  
I feel no connection.  Nothing.  My soul in constant reach.  Unable to make contact.  
My people are across the sea.  In another time and place.  
Those around me fade into the background as I gaze into the distance.  
Always searching the horizon for something I know not of.  
Humanity in my bones.  They ache.  As a stranger in a foreign land.  
I wait.  For what.  I do not know.  
My son, please land somewhere grand.  God give us a home. 

2 comments:

essay best said...

That is really good and interesting post, loved the way you wrote it, going to share this one with others as well. Thanks for posting it for your readers

1 click dissertation review said...

Interesting thoughts, I do the same sometime to make self assessment. Good post, thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting more such posts