April 26, 2009

My Beautiful Mom

"If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings."
-- Brian Tracy


My Mom has done just that. She worked hard her entire life to give me opportunities she never had. She suffered through a lot in her life. I think she has held on to life (even through years of chronic pain, going through a bone marrow transplant, broken hips and more) to protect me from feeling like an orphan (again) before I could heal enough to better cope. She has taught me by example how to be strong. I love her so much and am so thankful for her love. Lord, please raise her up again and relieve her from distress and pain. Give her hope and peace, strength and mercy. Just like your mercy to us every day. Fill her with it. Thank you for healing. For our love that is understood and giving us second-chances, forgiveness, and time.

No comments: