August 5, 2008
© Photographer: Creatista | Agency: Dreamstime.com
15 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn
By Dave Barry...
1. Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings”.
3. There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
4. You should not confuse your career with your life.
5. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
6. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
7. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
8. Never lick a steak knife.
9. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.
10. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
11. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
12. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.
13. “The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
14. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
15. Your friends love you anyway.