December 22, 2007

No Room?

Manger with stars and sheep
© Photographer: Brigg | Agency: Dreamstime.com
Our latest ordeal reminds me of the Christmas story....Mary & Joseph and baby Jesus, alone, away from home, and with no place to stay. No one made room for them. No room to even be born. It was a picture of the reason Jesus came. To bear upon himself and endure (and overcome) our rejection, our homelessness, pain, grief, mistakes, regrets, weakness, and disease ~ and be our True Friend & Father when no one else can. How easily we lose site of this. How merciful our God. Forgive & heal, I pray.


"I have upheld you from your mother's womb, and until old age and gray hair, I will carry you." (Psalm)

"Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." (NT)

No comments: